[Echo] New preferences-desktop-locale icon set DRAFT

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:05:09 UTC 2008

2008/9/3 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've just finished (initial take of) preferences-destkop-locale
> icon set. I attach an one canvas PNG, SVG is available on my
> fedorapeople page [1], and a screen-shot of it in action ;-)
>
> The icon is currently really simple and I am not sure if everyone is OK
> with this level of simplicity. On the other hand I am not much sure
> about using UNO flag [2] for this icon (as is done by gnome and oxygen
> icon themes). Using national flags is also out of question. Comments?
> Suggestions? Your takes?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin
>
> PS: It's interesting to see how various applications handle mask
> functionality in inkscape (when the SVG is saved as Inkscape SVG). While
> nautilus does not display masked objects at all, webkit-gtk on the other
> hand display it as if no mask were applied. Epiphany (with xulrunner
> backend) will display it correctly. Of course, when exported to Plain
> SVG (which is done for the SVG icon that is put into scalable folders in
> git), nautilus is back in the game :-D

With what you said about webkit and xulrunner (gecko).. Gecko displays
it the way your png looks (like you said) but Webkit on the other
hand... (in Google Chrome) has indeed the flag pole mask bug. perhaps
try the webkit svn version to see if it works in there otherwise
report a bug.

So if it's worth anything.. confirmed your finding.