Re: Good news about Echo

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 11:09 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:

> Heh, didn't occurred to me that I could check gtk docs :-D Thanks for
> the link, seems like many of the stock icons are already in the
> icon-naming-spec (though under different names). I think
> icon-naming-utils create symlinks for those correctly, but I'll check it
> nevertheless.

Our gnome-icon-theme package has a patch to create the gtk stock
symlinks, even if the other legacy symlinks are left out, since the gtk
stock names are not really legacy.

> Do you know whether gtk guys plan to stick with the current names (like
> gtk-add) or switch to icon-naming-spec (like list-add)?

No, there is no plan to do that, and it is not really possible either.
Those strings are compiled into millions of binaries all over the
world...