Re: Plymouth animated startup

Charlie Brej wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
Charlie Brej wrote:
In Fedora 10 there will be a new graphical startup program replacing RHGB[1]. Its called Plymouth and it starts even earlier than rhgb.

I understand you are at least a bit familiar with the way Plymouth works, all of us could use some pointers, can you add a few words/links to the ThemingOverview page?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemingOverview#Plymouth

Done. Ray Strode and others have left loads of good callback hooks and helper functions so the possibilities of plugins are pretty limitless.

That is a good start, but look at the other entries in the table, they have listed file names, image resolutions, locations and so on, something a designer can easily parse and check.

I understand the design based on plug-ins allow a lot of freedom, but maybe some specs for the default plugin?