Round 3 theme and fedora-fr community

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:57:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 11:50 +0200, Samuele Storari wrote:
> sstorari *claimed* that he had remade the photo cos he had remade the photo.
> If u take a look in the source before write something u can see that the problem was solved creatin' the blade from 0.
> I think it's clear this sword is totally a patchwork of various level created.
> Just take a look to the level "Blade_White Copy" as u can see this piece was totally fake.
> Created by using the clone tool, in fact u see it's totally the same in every part.
> It was created by taken a first part from the photo and than manipuleted.
> As for other parts.
> The Hilt was totally reworked using dodge/burn tool and other "effect" of photomanipulation but u know they don't create new layer.
>
> So just a little question: If u can't do something, it means that it can't be done?
> Sorry, but I'm a lil sick to try to defend my work everyday and u wait til the last day to make a "new" question?

Samuele, I'm a big fan of Quentin Tarantino, and collected some desktop
backgrounds when Kill Bill Vol. 1 was going to be released.  One of the
backgrounds features a katana sword which looks to me to be identical to
the one in your source .XCF file:

http://img1.jurko.net/wall/paper/hattorihanzo_1280.jpg

When we talk about having an entirely free desktop theme, it means that
*all* the elements must be created from free sources.  Is this sword
graphic -- the one used in the Kill Bill poster and apparently your
source -- available for free use, modification, and distribution?  If it
is, there's absolutely no problem with the InvinXble theme.  If it's not
then we can't use this theme for Fedora 10.

--
Paul W. Frields