Re: Fixing Solar

Samuele Storari wrote:

can u help me with the indexed image. On the Wiki u find the correct source file
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/d/d4/Screen_Prompt_640x300.xcf.bz2
may u try to do some test?

While I am no expert at this, I can try.
But looking at Fedora 9, I think Syslinux is able to use images with more than 16 colors (and the ThemingOverview page is obsolete about this matter - the boot splash on the LiveCD is beautiful, the one on the normal install is ugly) so the 640x480 version has to be optimised.

And I will say it again: for such splashes the XCF with *all* layers is not needed, we can use the PNG wallpaper as a base and do not waste a lot of space and bandwidth.