Plymouth progress widget

I am looking for ideas for the progress widget for the plymouth splash screen[1]. I have already tried having the sun being covered by an eclipse and showing a corona but that didn't look that good. The possibilities are unlimited and I am happy to code up any reasonable suggestions into prototypes. If you can supply a pixmap too then that would be useful.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/3/34/F10-solar-plymouth1.swf