Another Solar Update & remaining F10 release tasks (volunteers needed!)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 30 15:27:07 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>> I'm taking KDE splash but I'd like to cooperate with gnome-splash
>> and of course with Samuel. Now when we are going towards seamless
>> boot would be nice to have 'seamless' art during boot.
>
> What do you mean by seamless boot / seamless art? Do you mean plymouth?

Seamless is supposed to be the transition from GDM to the GNOME desktop,
yet another reason to remove the GNOME splash... but I also don't know
about KDE.

Seamless *boot* would be if also Plymouth would use the same background
image as GDM and the Desktop (with a progress animation), which I
understand is *not* the case. And also seamless boot would be if we
would use GRUB2 with the same background image as Plymouth/GDM/Desktop,
which is also not the case (but we have the bits to make it possible).
Ah, I forgot: also the screen not flickering when transitioning from one
  of those steps to another.