New Concept for F11 King

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Apr 1 06:47:59 UTC 2009

Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> From: Charlie Brej
>
>> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/lion.jpg
>> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/lion2.jpg
>> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/lion3.jpg
>> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/lion4.jpg
>
> 4 without a doubt although it still needs more work. The others are too noisy for a boot screen.

I'm also going for 4, it would be easier to make a GRUB splash matching.
And when the boot process end and GDM kick is, the lion will just pop-up
over the already existing background, for a good effect, methinks.

> I agree with Martin that there should only be one progress bar, along the bottom. I think maybe using the fedora logo centered without the infinity bubble, only the logotype, might work better with the mood too. (background is heavily/grungy textured while the infinty bubble is very shiny/baubly and they kind of clash)

Yup, one progress bar and maybe larger. I think it would be tiresome
(and redundant) to watch two bars progressing at the same time.