F11 Art Schedule

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Apr 8 07:19:28 UTC 2009

On 04/08/2009 04:18 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> I think maybe we should add several tasks on the schedule for explicitly blogging / otherwise announce (maybe via Fedora weekly news, any other ideas?) the current status of the artwork so it's known more widely than this list next time around.

I tried to closely cover the artwork development for Fedora Weekly News,
but since we didn't have explicit requests, I had no requests for
feedback to pass on.

> TASK LIST STATUS
> ================
>
> (John, I apologize these are different than your numbering scheme.)
>
> 1. Wallpaper Design
>      - We have the basic design from Samuele in 1920x1600: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:King_1920x1200.jpg
>      - We will need this iterated out into the various standard, 4:3, and widescreen formats. Dual-screen would be nice too.
>
> 2. Plymouth Splash - Charlie is waiting on Samuele for a design for this it appears?
>
> 3. GNOME splash - we have these designs and I will happily adapt them to fit with the lion: http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/f11/mockups/splash/
>
> 4. KDE splash - same as #3 above
>
> 5. full screen splash for syslinux - nothing yet
>
> 6. grub splash - nothing yet (not sure if this is on the task list)
>
> 7. gnome screensaver lock dialog - nothing yet

Just installed the F11 Beta on my desktop, it uses the GDM screen for
unlocking the screen, so we don't need the screensaver lock dialog any
more (at least on GNOME)

> 8. anaconda square splash - Samuele put some mocks together (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#King_Concept) but as we agreed a week ago, these are a bit too busy and still need to be simplified: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2009-April/msg00015.html
>
> 9. firstboot vertical header - Samuele put one together that looks great (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#King_Concept)
>
> 10. kdm - nothing
>
> 11. wallpaper extras - I do not think this is on your task list John but I think we need to add it. I want to try to revive the wallpaper project Nicu started so we can ship some nice extras wallpapers so the default wallpaper isn't the only thing we do. I was wondering if anyone has time to help me out with this? Or is it too late right now to do something like this?

I am not sure we have enough time for those extra wallpapers, what the
deadline would be for them?
Martin started the collection of the wiki and at the time he talked
about packaging. Martin, are you still up for for packaging them?