F11 Art Schedule

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 07:42:42 UTC 2009

Hi Máirín,
thanks for detailed description of current status!

On Wednesday 08 April 2009 03:18:00 Máirín Duffy wrote:

> (John, I apologize these are different than your numbering scheme.)
>
> 1. Wallpaper Design
>     - We have the basic design from Samuele in 1920x1600:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:King_1920x1200.jpg - We will need this
> iterated out into the various standard, 4:3, and widescreen formats.
> Dual-screen would be nice too.

It should go to to leonidas-backgrounds ASAP even it's not ready yet and not
all versions are done. We talked about it with Nicu on IRC.

> 2. Plymouth Splash - Charlie is waiting on Samuele for a design for this it
> appears?

> 3. GNOME splash - we have these designs and I will happily adapt them to
> fit with the lion: http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/f11/mockups/splash/
>
> 4. KDE splash - same as #3 above

More likely same as #2 (and #1 too) as I'd like to go with fullscreen splash -
one reason is some background image issues while using GDM, another I'd like
to see same/similar user experience for user while booting as we had/have it
for Solar.

> 5. full screen splash for syslinux - nothing yet
>
> 6. grub splash - nothing yet (not sure if this is on the task list)
>
> 7. gnome screensaver lock dialog - nothing yet
>
> 8. anaconda square splash - Samuele put some mocks together
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#King_Concept) but as we agreed a
> week ago, these are a bit too busy and still need to be simplified:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2009-April/msg00015.html
>
> 9. firstboot vertical header - Samuele put one together that looks great
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#King_Concept)
>
> 10. kdm - nothing

Waiting for #1 to see how is going final wallpaper to look... Easiest way is
only do small changes for Solar theme, preferred way to prepare something
matching theme ;-) Depends on time...

As it's using same greeting XML as GDM, we can share it...

> 11. wallpaper extras - I do not think this is on your task list John but I
> think we need to add it. I want to try to revive the wallpaper project Nicu
> started so we can ship some nice extras wallpapers so the default wallpaper
> isn't the only thing we do. I was wondering if anyone has time to help me
> out with this? Or is it too late right now to do something like this?
>
> > It is also important to note that we are targeting the completion of
> > final artwork and packaging a little less than two weeks from now on
> > 2009-04-16 so that it can all be in the Preview Release and have two
> > weeks to shake out anything that needs final fixing before GA.

Please prepare pre-packages sooner... There's lot of work on KDE side...

> Thank you for this reminder and for helping keep us on track. It is really,
> really, really helpful.

One note to schedules: I think new artwork is feature and feature deadlines
are really strict and really soon and I think artwork should be ready in time
of feature freeze, to have time to respond users input for beta, then we can
happily wait for release without rush :-)

Jaroslav