Re: idea for Fedora boot screen (Catalin Festila)

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 16:38 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Anyway, Moblin is intended for special devices, it will always boot
> faster than a general purpose distro. I think we all would be happy with
> something more realistic around 20 seconds.

Well, it still takes kernel to load a few seconds and udev a few seconds
and X a few seconds... On standard machines I don't believe (much) less
than 30s is possible if we are talking about booting to a fully loaded
usable standard purpose desktop using kernel that is supposed to work on
wide range of hardware...