Re: Help out with the f11 wallpaper?

Máirín Duffy wrote:
It's a very quick/sloppy copy/paste job. I healed the columns a little bit so they look less crumbled than in Bob's original photo, but could push it more if we decide this is a good direction to go. (Same with the mountain/clouds/sky boundary and the water.)

I am not that happy on the columns positioning and with them going all the screen, from top to bottom.

A lot of polish work would need to be applied, but I don't think we should make the time investment unless folks think this is the right direction. So what do *you* think?

It appears to be our best solution so far and something completely different from what we had in the past. We are taking a huge bet here, a lot of our users will be happy with the change and a lot will be unhappy (but I have no idea which camp will be bigger in numbers).

And yes, *a lot* of polish will be needed.

(PS I think Brian's latest blue starfield for the night version would work well for this)

I don't think this is going to work: if we put a dark sky and just change the colors for the ground, I expect the result will be unnatural, looking like a fake.