Re: Art ideas for Fedora 11 (grub, boot, splashes, window decorations, button styles etc...)

Mark wrote:
The new name is now known: Leonidas
but my question for the theme still stands. So here is my initial post
on this subject again:

I don't think the themes of FC1-4 were particularly notable, and I do think it is worth discussing a new theme for F11.

Nased on Leonidas we could do something related to water or something kind of nautical.

- We could get some inspiration from traditional nautical tools, like compasses, navigational charts, telescope, all that kind of stuff. It could have a kind of steampunk look.

- Or we can get some inspiration from water and water traffic. For example, imagine time lapse photos of a river in a city over the course of a day, with folks rowing crew in the morning, sailing in the afternoon, with tour/party boats coming through in the evening - for the time-lapse wallpaper. We could also have Fedora contributors around the world take photos of bodies of water near where they live and those could be a set of supplemental wallpapers.