Re: Art ideas for Fedora 11 (grub, boot, splashes, window decorations, button styles etc...)

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

Nased on Leonidas we could do something related to water or something kind of nautical.

Technically the vote was for the ship but I am sure (and the reaction after the announcement are a reassurance) most people voted for the Spartan.

So I am thinking about the Golden ratio[1], used a loot in the Ancient Greek architecture, notably on the Parthenon and probably a graphic based on the Golden ratio would be fit.

Not sure what would be the best option, but how about a nautilus blueprint? This way we have a link with Greece (golden ratio), water (nautilus) and steampunk (blueprint). And maybe throw in some mathematical formulas for additional geekiness.

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio