Wallpaper survey

Konstantinos Antonakoglou anton.cost at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 11:52:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 10:57 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Well, I think if the columns were not ruins [1](i.e. would be still
> standing and would not be broken, I think there are such in Greece even
> now) it would give much better message, like 'Fedora outlives its
> creators' or something like that (well, my example is a bit lame, I am
> not good with this stuff after all...).
>
> Martin
>
> Reference:
> [1]
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Stoa_in_Athens.jpg

Actually, here in Greece we still use ancient buildings to host many
events (mostly theatrical plays and concerts). Buildings like
Epidaurus[1], the Panathinaic Stadium[2] and the Herodion Theater[3] are
still used until today. The are beautiful pictures with night-time
events. The building Martin mentioned is a museum (the Stoa of Attalos).
But there are many examples of Neoclassicism around the world.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidaurus
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panathinaiko_Stadium
[3]
http://www.greeka.com/attica/athens/athens-ancient-site/athens-herodion-theatre.htm