Banners and splashes

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:39:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 16:42 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > * KDE splash screen
>
> For the last releases the guys from the KDE got involved with that and a
> splash was produced.

I've been talking about this one with Mo and jreznik (the guy doing all
the artwork work for KDE) over IRC. Mo produced some sample graphics, I
don't remember the address though (I could find it in Rawhide, but I'm
currently in F10). Máirín, can you post the link here?

> > * Plymouth bootup/loading graphics
>
> This area is poorly documented (is very new) but we have an "expert" in
> Charlie Brej. My personal option would be to use the default background
> (the temple landscape picture) and a progress bar.

Mo thinks that something simpler would be better and I agree with her on
this one. The F10 Plymouth is over too flashy.

Martin