Just an FYI concerning the beta artwork

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 23:01:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm much less impressed with the beta background though. IMO it is
> really overloaded with all too well-known motifs, to the extent that it
> appears almost like a satire of a constructed background image. I mean,
> it has clouds and mountains and doves and a black forest and a green
> lawn _and_ a greek temple. Any 2 out of these 6 might combine to a nice
> background, but all six are just too much for my taste.

The aim this type, AIUI, was to have a background more like a natural
picture.  It would have been great to have a photo of a real landscape
from Greece, perhaps, but in the absence people worked on a photomanip
using free sources.  I think this background is not too dissimilar
from the Fedora 7 background of clouds, sunset, mist, and a set of
balloons.  I liked the previous releases' concentration on a motif as
opposed to a more realistic scene, but I also like the idea of having
new directions now and then.

Paul