Re: base banner style for f11 leonidas artwork

Máirín Duffy wrote:

What do you think about this as a base style to go with for the various banners/splashes for F11?

even plainer:

Is it too over-the-top Greek? I was trying to go for a subtle and contemporary interpretation of a classic Greek motif.

I do like. Simple yet styled. I made a plymouth splash based on it. There is a video[1] and the source for anyone who wants to have a go at running it. Currently we have spinfinity as the default splash for F11. Do we want to go with a theme specific splash or stick with a generic one?

[1] Flash: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/plymouth_leo2.swf
    Ogg:   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/plymouth_leo2.ogv
[2] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/leonidas.tar.gz