New Concept for F11 King

Samuele Storari sstorari at byte-code.com
Fri Mar 27 11:32:33 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I want to submit a new concept and a new layout for this F11 release, seeing you a little stuck on the current landscape theme,and I hear a lot of rumors about "Windows-like" layout.

So I created a new theme based on the meaning of the name: Leonidas come from Lions and Leonidas was a king,so why don't use another king?

This graphic proposal is about the proud and the glory for being a king and the subject is shouting:"The King is here!".

I know that there's a lot of work to do, (banner & much more), but I wanted to share this concept, and get some feedbacks,before moving on.

If you are interested we can make togeather all the things needed for this release.

I really hope you enjoy this, and let me know your opinions.

You can see the image here (Gimp source in the same page):

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:King_1920x1200.jpg

Thanks for the attention.

Samuele

Reference info:

Rust texture comes from:

http://www.lostandtaken.com/search/label/rust

you can download it and use it for free.

The Spray paint brushes I used comes from here:

http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/free-hi-res-spraypaint-photoshop-brushes-set-one

http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/free-hi-res-spraypaint-photoshop-brushes-set-two

The Lion's photo it's a CC resources that I've found on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tambako/494118044/
Thanks to author for gaving me the possibility to use the image.

You can find he's profile here:

http://www.flickr.com/people/tambako/

--
Samuele Storari