Re: New Concept for F11 King

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 15:52 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The licensing statements for the freebies on the site are kept here:
> http://blogspoon.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/freebies/terms-of-use.html

[...]

> The part that bothers me about these licensing texts is the statement
> of terms for sharing: it is unclear about whether you *must* link to
> his resource web page.  It would be much better for the author to use
> a standard license such as CC-BY-SA or some other more appropriate
> license, not something he's written himself.

I asked to legal fedoraproject org and spot replies this licence is not
ok:

"Unfortunately, it is a problem. Even under the less restrictive
licensing requirements for content, this license is not good. In Fedora,
we require that all content be "Freely Redistributable without
restriction". The restrictions on selling or "copying the entire
webpage" mean that the brushes (or derived artwork containing the
brushes) are not acceptable in Fedora.

You might ask the author of those brushes if he would be willing to let
you use them under different licensing terms, perhaps under the Creative
Commons Attribution license (CC-BY):
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
"

I notified Samuele to ask to change this licence or change brushes.

Cheers
Luca
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 16th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175

design, v.:
	What you regret not doing later on.