Leonidas - Lion for single screens

Charlie Brej fedora-art at brej.org
Sat May 9 12:19:17 UTC 2009

Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 'thanks' to me catching flu and having to spend whole days in bed, I
> decided I'd use some of that spare time on adding the lion images for
> single screens. I've just built the updated lion-backgrounds package. If
> as many people as possible could test it before Monday it would be great
> (I'll blog about it as well to get more attention). This is needed
> because I'd like it to be tagged for release (so that people won't have
> to d/l MBs of data just because we added some images) - and that means I
> need to request freeze break and given the time, I'll need to be very
> much sure that it does not break anything anywhere.

Thanks again for these. Its not a big deal but on the widescreeen version, would
it be possible to not crop the top and bottom and instead expand to the left?

Take original 4096x1536, scale to 3200x1200, then crop to 1920x1200.

Comparison attached.

This makes a smaller, but fuller lion with all its hair (on the chin too). As I
said, its not a big deal.