FYI: Personalization in Windows 7

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed May 13 22:11:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 14:57 -0700, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Would some gallery software help us out?

Maybe, depends on what exactly we would expect from it, but I suppose it
is generally better than wiki for this kind of stuff.

> E.g. we could maybe talk to Fedora Infrastructure about having a
>  gallery install for our usage. The gallery client is kind of a pain to
>  get working in Fedora but once you do it makes it very easy to batch
>  upload photos to the server. We could make albums for different
>  wallpaper themes (eg a nature album, an abstract album, etc) and
>  within each album you can rate individual photos... could be a good
>  way of picking the best 5 for each or however many we want to package
>  for each grouping.

I recall there was some talk about it on the infra list back at the time
when we were starting... Most people mentioned gallery2, but the infra
folks seemed to be against it due to security reasons, if I remember
correctly. I myself don't use/know any of this software, so I cannot
give any advice/opinion on this one... Although, it might be perhaps
useful to collect our ideas on wiki and when we have a good enough idea
of what we would like to have (either using our own
implementation/software or reusing solutions provided by already
existing software), ping the infra folks again.

> ~m

Martin