[fedora-astronomy] Re: Packaging BOINC

Milos Jakubicek wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Milos,

> I'm -- with kind assistance of Debarshi Ray and Eric Myers -- packaging
>
> BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) for Fedora,
> which is one of the proposed packages for the Fedora Astronomy spin
and at least one other package depends on it (namely the Einstein GNOME).

> After a discussion, we dec	ided to ship first only the client part > of
> BOINC, as there remain some unsolved problems concerning the server
>
> part, where we'd like to wait for upstream's decision first. And also
> it seems that the users won't benefit so much from the server part.
>
> Do you find that ok?

Yes, I will look at it tomorrow, however I don't have ability to sponsor
you :( Thank you for your contribution!

--
Marek Mahut               https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Astronomy/
Fedora Project                                   http://www.jamendo.com/