[fedora-astronomy] Fedora Astronomy Spin rescheduled and other stuff

Marek Mahut mmahut at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 2 09:29:44 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

The beta freeze is this Wednesday, which means that we don't have change
to finish for Fedora 9. I think it's a good move to reschedule the
release for Fedora 10, it not only permits us to package more software
but also to integrate existing packages to the Live DVD: the goal is not
have CD with software on it, but DVD that you can boot and use. We will
roll-out a beta disk with Fedora 9 and try to fix things, so we've a
real great live spin for Fedora 10.

Regarding artwork, thanks to Nicu we have some cool gfx [1] and as you
can see also a banner on our wiki and trac page.

Another thing, we have Celestia 1.5.0 for Fedora 9 [2], if you have
Fedora 9/rawhide system, please test.

[1] http://mmahut.fedorapeople.org/misc/astronomy-px/
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=40641

Have a nice day,