[fedora-astronomy] new to the list

Sergio Pascual sergio.pasra at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:54:52 UTC 2008

Hello Mark. I have packaged some of the more 'astrophysical-oriented'
packages in Fedora, such as ds9 or sextractor. I must say that I tend
to package software that I use myself or the dependencies of that
software (xpa, tkimg, wcstools, funtools are dependencies of ds9, for
example).

Some of the packages in the scisoft collection are already in fedora
(most of the python packages, sextractor,  ds9), others can't be
included in fedora due to license problems (sadly iraf is one of
those).
Midas for example would be a very interesting inclusion (I tried to
package it in the past unsuccessfully).

If you are particularly interested in other packages not already in
fedora, please add it to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Astronomy/Packages/Proposed or if
you can't edit the wiki just send me an email.

Regards, Sergio

--
Sergio Pascual Ramírez
Dept. Astrofísica Facultad de C.C. Físicas