Re: [fedora-astronomy] What is to be done ? who could handle what ?

2008/5/21 Gerald Henriksen <ghenriks gmail com>:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 22:29:58 +0200, you wrote:
>
>>Those question are particulary true for the IRAF fork, this our bigger
>>project and he asks a particular involvment. As the person which will
>
> I think it is a bit early to talking about a fork of IRAF, and in fact
> talk of forking it at this point may well cause problems with the IRAF
> community.
>
> It appears that one of the IRAF maintainers has indicated that while
> replacing the non-free portions is not a priority for them they would
> consider replacing them with a contribution from outside the IRAF
> project.
>
> http://iraf.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86793
>
> Perhaps a rewording of the task list to be less confrontational would
> help with getting cooperation from the IRAF developers.

I did not know about this topic, "fork" has been the first word i
thought about and also the word used during meeting(if I remember
well), for i did not know the work of Sergio and the contact he has
already take with the IRAF community.
It has been replaced.

Thanks for your precisions Gerald

--