Re: [fedora-astronomy] Iraf fork?

Michaël Ughetto wrote:
2008/5/26 Gerald Henriksen <ghenriks gmail com>:
On Sun, 25 May 2008 22:12:39 +0200, you wrote:

Sergio Pascual wrote:
If I understood well, our better (and only ?) option if we want IRAF
in Fedora is to push it to our trac server and work hard, right ? ( i
do not consider the waiting solution )
Yes, that's my opinion. But I would like to hear some others.
Sadly true that it's our last solution.
An alternative is to not include iraf in Fedora directly but instead
package it up for RPM Fusion (rpmfusion.org).

While obviously not ideal it does at least get iraf packaged for
Fedora, and a project to replace the non-free bits could still go
ahead without the pressure of getting iraf in as soon as possible.

It looks like a good compromise. But it must be considered only as a
*temporary* solution.

Yes, but sadly we won't be able to use it in our spin anyway due to licensing issues.

--
Marek Mahut               https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Astronomy/
Fedora Project                                   http://www.jamendo.com/