new mach+yum pkgs

Dennis Gregorovic dgregor at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 05:10:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 03:57 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 09:52 +0100, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > > At this point I'll probably check the code in as 'extras-buildsys-temp'
> > > or something equally as obviously named. Can anyone here tell me if I
> > > can even make new modules in /cvs/fedora?
> >
> > We should include this into Fedora Extras as rpm as well to get more
> > people using it.
>
> we need to make a decision about separation or integration with upstream
> mach cvs, esp wrt mach3.
>
> if we're not going to merge back to mach2 head (which notably could take
> a lot of work b/c I've not focused on making that easy with these
> patches) I'd rather rename this something innocuous so we don't annoy
> thomas with bugs from this version.
>
> -sv

I finally got a chance to install and play around with the extras-
buildsys-temp code.  There were a couple hiccups, but it didn't take too
long before I could start building packages.  I hope to be able to pitch
in and help out some with the upcoming build system work.

I have a couple questions.  First, are other people running into the
"Bad owner/group" error when running mach with a uid != 500?
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
thread_id=4173173&forum_id=35925 describes the issue more.  I got around
it by creating a dummy user with uid equal to 500, but I'm wondering if
I should try to get a real fix in upstream. That brings me to my next
question: are there any more thoughts on the separation of integration
of the hacked version of mach with the upstream version?

Cheers
-- Dennis