Some runuser problems

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Apr 19 14:08:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up an FC2 root with the current mach/yum build
system. First, it seems to configuration regarding "/sbin/runuser" being
overwritten for FC3 and FC Dev roots it redundant, as runuser is the
default in the main mach file. But the problem is that it's in there with
"@SBINDIR@/runuser" whereas it's always installed as "/sbin/runuser". I
think hardcoding it as "/sbin/runuser" in mach.in would be an acceptable
solution, otherwise a new configure check and replace should probably be
done.

Now, I've added this to my "fedora-2-i386" file :

config['fedora-2-i386-core'] = {'runuser': '/bin/su'}

But it seems that it's not taken into account, and I really don't
understand why. If I change the main runuser definition in /usr/bin/mach
to /bin/su, then all works fine. I'm really puzzled on that one, and am
wondering what I could be doing wrong. Any ideas?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Load : 0.68 1.13 1.39