Stuff to look for in plague 0.4

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Aug 20 10:17:50 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 19.08.2005, 21:40 -0400 schrieb Dan Williams:
> Quite a few things will change for plague 0.4:
> [...]
> If anyone has more thoughts, file some RFEs in bugzilla for Fedora Extras
> Infrastructure.

What is the current status of passing special options to the actual
rpmbuild call? We should have those for building kernel-modules because
building kernel-modules for a lot of different kernels would be much
easier if no changes to the actual kernel-module-specfile are needed. In
the current KernelModuleProposal-Example2 (*1) this is realized by:

%{!?kver:  %define  kver            %(uname -r)}
[...]
make KVERS=%{kver} KSRC="%{_usrsrc}/kernels/%{kver}-%{_target_cpu}" -C driver

So if someone builds the src.rpm at home it is rebuild for the current
kernel. When build with mock the buildsystem should defined kver.
Something like:

for kernel in <list of target kernels [example: current-kernel.i586 current-kernel.i686 current-kernel-smp.i586]>
do
	mock build /path/to/srpm --define "kver $kernel"
done

AFACS we need support for this in both mock and plague (or is something
like that already possible? mach can pass options to rpmbuild, mock
can't iirc)

CU
thl

*1 - Current kernel-module-proposal: