Build system ideas/requirements

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 22:49:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 17:41 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > - something that watches cvs for things to be built
> > - something that makes/handles/cleans up the chroots
> > - something that spawns the builds
> > - something that deals with the results
> >
> >Is it reasonable to focus on these as modules to be developed?
>
> One more addendum - having the last 3 be a separate package end users
> could interact with would be very useful I suspect.

Definitely the second and some part of the third.  Having the other two
in the set of "stuff we let you install and have your own personal copy
of the buildsystem" may be overkill.  Although all of it should be
available, it's just what we advertise makes sense for people to do as
their setup.

Jeremy