new mach+yum packages

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Mar 14 07:17:27 UTC 2005

Hey folks,
I hacked some more on mach2+yum today.

Changes:
- made mach use yum/comps groups for 'minimal', 'base', 'build'
   groupinstalls. (this killed apt-get compat so I pulled the apt stuff
   out) The groups file used for these installs is here:
    http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/mach/i386/buildroots.xml
- made new config files for the groups functionality and for fedora
  development
- misc changes I cannot recall right now :)

Things that I've tested
 - building on fedora core 4 test1 and rawhide on x86_64
 - building in a 'setarch i686' shell on x86_64 on fedora core 4 test1
   and rawhide.

You can get things here:
http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/mach/pkgs/

I'm also adding a small shell script I use to build packages from fedora
extras cvs.

I think these pkgs should let people build/test pkgs for extras in a
known environment.

This will 'mostly' work on fc3 but not quite. I need to backport a
couple of items from yum 2.3.X to yum 2.2.X, then it will work.

-sv