mach+yum update and yum 2.2.1

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 16 08:04:55 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,
 I've got a couple of items for you here:

 new mach packages here:
  http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/mach/pkgs/
 - just a tar ball and src.rpm - you'll need to build it for whatever
platform you're on.

  Changes:
   - use yum to clean out buildroots
   - minor tidying efforts - output some more data about what happens
     in the 'removing packages' section.

I've also uploaded a yum 2.2.1 package to:
  http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.2/

I've not announced that to the yum mailing list yet but I will do so
tomorrow when I'm not so tired. This is useful for you folks running
fc3, rhel3 or rhel4 and wanting to use these packages.
  Changes useful for mach:
   - lock for yum run only in installroot, not in host root
   - install-by-dependency

I know these work on x86 and x86_64. They _should_ work on ppc and
sparc, but I can't test those platforms.

I know these work on fc3, rawhide and rhel4, but I've done no testing on
rhel3.

I can also build rawhide/fc4t1 chroots and packages on fc3 w/o any rpmdb
problems, provided that I do not run rpm or yum from INSIDE the chroot,
only from the outside.

Let me know if these work for you or, more importantly, if they don't.

Thanks,
-sv