build system glue scripts and requirements

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Mar 21 01:19:46 UTC 2005

> Semi-offtopic: it would be good to prepare the infrastructure so that
> rpmbuild args could be passed to the build system some way.  One example
> of potential packages that could benefit from this would be kernel
> module packages where the module specfiles wouldn't need changes between
> target kernel revisions, instead the target kernel(s) to build for would
> be identified by eg. a --define to rpmbuild.

mach lets you pass extras flags to rpmbuild internally, but I agree with
you. I've been butting my head up against a few things in mach that I
think, for the way the buildsystem is going to have to layout might need
to be moved around a bit.

I'm hoping Thomas comes back from vacation or work or wherever he's been
b/c I really would like to know what he thinks about some of this stuff.
I had to hack up some of mach to get it to work the way it is now but
I'd like to get things sorted out so we can either merge upstream or
plan to make things match up at some later date.

-sv