build system glue scripts and requirements

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 04:01:33 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:

> problem: what if you only want a single arch built, how do you specify a
> single arch be built via the tag? How do you deal with test non-release
> builds? That's my concern about tag-based building, it seems kinda
> limited.

We shouldn't allow only a single arch to be built into the repository.

But for flexibility, if a package has a difficult time being fixed for
an arch (after some effort is put into it), the packager should
temporarily Exclude, build, and file a bug assigned to an arch-group of
maintainers.  For example Thorsten seems interested in making packages
work on x86-64, while dwmw2 on ppc.

To answer your other question, we need both a tag and target repository.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com