spm and buildreqs

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu May 19 16:10:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 01:00 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Going through this a few more times as I work on some bits inside the
> buildsystem.
>
> We're given an srpm - we don't know where it was made, on what arch,
> nothing - so we cannot trust the buildreqs it provides.
>
> If we're inside the chroot and on the arch we want to build on then
> running:
>  rpm -Uvh /path/to/our/srpm
>  rpmbuild -bs --nodeps /path/to/the/generated/spec
>
> should result in a srpm for us that will have valid build reqs.
> So that if we grab the requires from that srpm we'll have a pretty good
> idea of what we'll need to install to build the package.
>
> is that correct/accurate/etc?

It will fail for specs that express buildrequires using a macro that
gets its result from a program that ought to be installed.

Think "python --version" and then buildrequiring the correct version by
package name.

Thomas

Don't change your name keep it the same for fear I may lose you again
I know you won't it's just that I am unorganized and I want to find you
when
Something good happens