spm and buildreqs

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat May 21 14:24:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

> What's a case where this would be used?  Ie, you want to tie the package
> you're building to a _specific_ version of python?

No, you want your spec to build on dists *without* knowing what the
version is, ie without tieing it to a specific version.  IIRC that's
what pyvault does in a lot of spec files.

It's also done in other spec files that were thrown at mach for f.us and
livna.org - xmms plugins are an example IIRC, but I can't be sure atm.

Thomas

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star in someone else's sky
but why oh why oh why
why can't it be mine ?