Disttags in mock?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Aug 16 17:19:02 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 13:11, Clark Williams wrote:
> Do we need to add a disttag to the mock specfile?
>
> My initial thought was no, since it's a noarch and pretty much should
> run on any python >= 2.2. But, I'm not positive that we shouldn't add
> a disttag; just a nagging feeling.  So I thought I'd throw it out there...

I added a disttag in the Extras CVS for this reason:

When I want to release a new mock to extras, I'm usually releasing the same
thing across all releases.  Because of this, the spec is going to be
identical, and the only thing that would change between the releases is the
release number.  Since %{?dist} lets that be autogenerated, the exact same
spec can be used across all the releases.  Makes it easy for me.

GPG Public Key          (geek.j2solutions.net/jkeating.j2solutions.pub