pungi on ia64 machine

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Dec 4 14:12:41 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 04:14, Zhang, Yanmin wrote:
> I worked out a patch to fix it. BTW, the patch also added bootargs to
> create cd on ia64.
>
> I succeeded in creating DVD and CD. But installation failed because libbdev
> doesn't match rpm parted's shared object. The ia64 mkinitrd under the
> development tree need to be rebuilt.

I'll take the boot args part of the patch, but the rest isn't quite right I
don't think.  If you have more content than will fit on a single CD, you need
to ask for multiple CDs.  You'll automatically get a DVD image too.  If you
only have enough content for one CD, there is no point to making a DVD image
as well, the CD image doubles as a DVD image.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora