pungi on ia64 machine

Zhang, Yanmin yanmin_zhang at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 7 03:13:56 UTC 2006

> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 04:24, Zhang, Yanmin wrote:
> > I checked iso/pkgorder-ia64. It didn't have bash. I retried pkgorder
> > manually, the output still didn't include bash. Then, I move all rpm from
> > Fedora to Fedora/RPMS, and reran pkgorder. The new result had bash.
>
> Interesting.  Sounds like maybe anaconda in FC6 isn't quite setup to handle
> things under Fedora/  rather than Fedora/RPMS.  I'll talk with the anaconda
> folks.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to duplicate this when spinning
> x86_64 releases.
After moving RPM files to Fedora/RPMS, the pkgorder result is correct, and
directory os-disc1/Fedora/RPMS also has rpm bash, but the installation from
the new images still reports lots of %post and %pre errors.

/root/install.log showed anaconda didn't follow the sequence produced by
pkgorder to install rpms. I checked os-disc1/repodata/primary.xml.gz and the
rpm sequence was exatcly the same sequence of pkgorder.

Yanmin