HELP: trouble building packages for optional_arches=i686 *after* upgrading to Plague-0.5.0 (from plague-0.4.3)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Jul 19 14:07:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 18:49 -0400, Joe Todaro wrote:
> DW> and on the server, which has _no_ architecture at all, you'd have
> DW> in /etc/plague/server/targets:
> DW>
> DW> fedora-devel-core.cfg
> DW> fedora-5-core.cfg
> DW> fedora-4-core.cfg
> DW> fedora-devel-extras.cfg
> DW> fedora-5-extras.cfg
> DW> fedora-4-extras.cfg
> DW>
> DW> and on the server, if you care about depsolving (ie if you have
> the
> DW> "depsolve_jobs = yes" set in /etc/plague/server/plague-server.cfg)
> then
> DW> you actually do need mock target configs for everything too,
> DW> because the server will use those to depsolve.
>
> Absolutely, we do care about depsolving..
>
> So, when you say "everything", does that also include (for example)
> 'i686' now, too, regardless of the fact that i686 is still only a
> sub-architecture?

No; you only need mock and builder configs for base architectures like
i386, x86-64, ppc, sparc, sparc64, ppc64, etc.

> DW> Do you really _want_ this to
> DW> build as an i686 package?
>
> No, of course not - this is a noarch only package, and always
> has been.
>
> DW> If so, I think the "BuildArch: noarch" is
> DW> wrong then.  Typically, if you want a package to build noarch, you
> DW> specify "BuildArch: noarch" and it will then only build on
> noarch.  What
> DW> arch is this package supposed to be for, exactly?
>
> 'noarch' as is specified in the specfile.

Ok, can you apply the attached patch?  cd to /usr/share/plague/server
and use 'patch -p0 < patchfile'.  Enqueue the WhoAmI SRPM and let me
know what it prints out.  I tried running a noarch package through this
morning and it seemed to go through fine; plague decided that 'noarch'
was the only arch it was going to build for, even with i686 in the
optional_arches for that target.

> JT> > ======================================
> JT> > Excerpt from lnxaddons-100-install.cfg
> JT> > ======================================
> JT> >
> JT> > -----------<snip>------------
> JT> > [Arches]
> JT> > base_arches=i386
> JT> > optional_arches=i686 noarch
> JT> >
>
> GW> Ok; I think this is the cause of the noarch problem.  Since
> 'noarch' is
> GW> a base architecture in itself, you don't need it in
> optional_arches.  If
> GW> you remove it, I think things will work as you expect.
>
> Nope - no such luck; I have removed 'noarch' from 'optional_arches',
> re-tested, and am still seeing that same error..

noarch shouldn't be in optional_arches, but if it's not working
correctly when you remove it there's some other issue.

Dan