New version of mock working (I think)

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Jun 26 20:47:29 UTC 2006

I would like to foster discussion. It would be bad if one of the
co-maintainers failed to voice their concerns over project direction, so
no, I would hope that you never shut up.

My initial thoughts around this is that having an xmlrpc server exposes
too much of our (running with elevated privs) internals to random,
untrusted strangers. There has already been one reported vulnerability
in the python xmlrpc code.

Both code-wise (7-10 lines for client, vs at least 20 for server), and
security-wise, I think a client would be 'simpler'.

Also, adding a server entices future additions along the lines you
already said we don't want to go, and starts to supplant plague/brews
role.
--
Michael