Default config file contents

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Jun 26 22:09:27 UTC 2006

Discussion topic:

With the recent changes to mock, several default config file options
have changed. I am of the opinion that we should provide a config file
with only the basic things that the user would like to change, and leave
the defaults in mock.py (with an option to dump the config). For
example, I believe we should take out the mount, unmount, rm, chroot,
etc from our default configs, as it is highly unlikely that average
users would change these.

The reason for this proposed change is to make it easier to migrate from
one version to the next. As it is, mock 0.7 will not be able to use
%config(noreplace) on the config files, because too many things changed.
The user will have to manually merge any site-specific changes.

The final config file, I believe, should only contain the yum config
relating to repository locations, which the user is likely to want to
mirror for speed reasons.

Comments?
--
Michael