Pungi & seperating needed RPMs for Anaconda / Installation?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 24 02:15:19 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 10:40, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> Any thoughts?

I've talked with the anaconda folks, and they want to change how some of the
stage files are created, so that you don't need a lot of the crud at tree
build time, just enough to poke at the kernel and create the boot images.
The rest of the stuff (languages, gui files, etc..) would be created when the
anaconda-runtime rpm is built in the buildsystem.  This would reduce the
number of 'needed for building the tree' packages that wouldn't be _in_ the
tree already.  Because of this I haven't put any logic in Pungi to separate
the two package sets.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora