plague-server issues (4.4.1)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 15:36:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 22:36 -0800, Evan Klitzke wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been trying to get plague working. I have installed the plague
> programs that come with Fedora Core 6 (4.4.1). When running
> plague-server, I get the following error:
>
> [evan at thinkpad ~]$ plague-server
> Using database engine sqlite.
>
> Builders:
>   http://127.0.0.1:8888                   i386 i486 i586 i686 athlon
> noarch     alive
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/plague-server", line 198, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/bin/plague-server", line 152, in main
>     bm_server.register_instance(ui)
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'register_instance'

Right above that line, where you see:

    except socket.error, e:
        if e[0] == 98:      # Address already in use
            print "Error: couldn't bind to address '%s:%s'.  Is the server already running?" % (hostname, port)
            os._exit(1)

can you insert the extra print to find out what the error is?

    except socket.error, e:
        if e[0] == 98:      # Address already in use
            print "Error: couldn't bind to address '%s:%s'.  Is the server already running?" % (hostname, port)
            os._exit(1)
        print "Other error: %s" % e

Obviously there should be a catch-all there so this wouldn't happen, but
I'm curious what the error is.

Thanks!
Dan