mock not processing /etc/profile.d/*, not a login shell?

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Dec 3 23:55:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 04:38:10PM -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Michael E Brown wrote:
> >
> >When we exec() rpmbuild, we do so with a clean environment. If you wish
> >to include dependencies, the proper way to do that is from the specfile.
>
> One could argue though that it should exec rpmbuild within a login shell
> so that it picks up settings from /etc/profile.d/* within the chroot
> environment.

Indeed. One could argue that.

At this point, I would defer to Jesse, who has more experience in this
specific area.

I was merely trying to point out why the old mock behaviour was a bug
(leaking env vars from host=>chroot).

The patch to change the rpmbuild to be a login shell would not be a
large one, and I am sort of on the fence about it. (Minor input would be
that env. vars from /etc/profile.d/ seem like a poor way to do this,
there seem to be lots of better ways.)
--
Michael