mock 0.9.0 in rawhide, mock 0.8.16 pending updates-testing for F-7, F-8

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Dec 10 05:34:14 UTC 2007

Mock users:
    I have built mock 0.8.16 for F7/F8 updates-testing with bodhi push
pending. Changes in 0.8.16:

  -- Fix --without to operate according to rpmbuild specs
  -- add --trace cmdline parameter to activate function tracing (off by
default)
  -- root logs are now less verbose.
  -- more friendly for users using automounts

    If you file a bug report against mock, please enable function
tracing (--trace) and attach the root/build logs.

    I have also built 0.9.0 for rawhide. The 0.9.0 branch is synced with
the 0.8 branch, so it has the above changes. Additionally, the
/usr/bin/mock setuid wrapper is now completely gone, replaced by
userhelper. I have included userhelper pam config that emulates the old
mock setuid helper, eg. if user is in group 'mock', it allows access.
Additionally, if the user is not in the 'mock' group, it will now allow
access if root password is given. You can change this through standard
pam config in /etc/pam.d/mock.

    Since I have not ever configured userhelper or pam before, if
somebody could review the userhelper/pam changes, that would be
appreciated.
--
Michael