Pathname-based buildreqs not working?

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Tue Dec 11 22:53:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 10:26:10PM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Michael E Brown wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 11:08:02AM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> >> Yesterday I noticed that mock/yum seem to be having trouble finding
> >> pathname-based buildreqs.
> >>
> >> For example, buildreqs of /usr/include/tcpd.h and /usr/include/pcap.h
> >> aren't getting found. I use these to maintain spec compatibility across
> >> various releases, where these files can be found in either tcp_wrappers
> >> or tcp_wrappers-devel, or libpcap or libpcap-devel packages
> >> respectively.
> >>
> >> I've tried upgrading to mock 0.8.15 from CVS (F-8 branch) and it hasn't
> >> helped.
> >>
> >> Is this intentional behaviour (not getting/reading the filelists
> >> metadata) for speed purposes?
> >
> > Paul,
> >     This should be fixed in latest mock git repo. This is an important
> > fix and I'll be releasing it later this week (0.8.17/0.9.1). Thanks for
> > reporting this and for your responsiveness in debugging it. Thanks also
> > to the yum folks who helped debug as well.
>
> Just to be complete here, this fix isnt going to fix it on rhel5 /
> centos5, is it ?

As of now, I am missing one prerequisite in the EPEL 5 repo:
python-ctypes. As soon as that pkg gets added to the EPEL repo, I will
be able to release updated mock with this bugfix. I've sent a note to
the maintainer, and there are a couple other people looking to get it
added as well, so hopefully it will be added soon.

If there is a huge demand, I might be able to backport some of the fixes
(there are a couple of fixes that are relevant at this point), but RHEL5
is not my primary focus at the moment, so I cant spend too much time
backporting.
--
Michael