pungi ignores a lot of RPMs when building CD image

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:22:30 UTC 2007

On 2/1/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 February 2007 11:01, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> > Should this ordering information then be put it in pungi's Manifest
> > file (since pungi calls pkgorder)? And have an addition to the
> > pkgorder commandline interface that can be used to pass a grouporder.
> > Or do you want another solution?
>
> Ideally it would be with createrepo so that the repodata has the ordering, and
> splittree can just follow the manifest as written by createrepo.  pkgorder
> could go away completely.

If I understand correctly createrepo is part of the (yum?) metadata
package. So this would mean that we need to check with those authors
in order to make sure this is done in an acceptable way.

I have absolutely no idea how to get this kind of change organised
(since it seems that several different projects are involved). Is this
something that is going to be done (anyway) for F7? What can I do to
help?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen