openSUSE build service?

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:23:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just noticed the official release of the openSUSE build service (
http://lwn.net/Articles/218886/ ).

I haven't had a detailed look at it, but they provide both
client(worker) and server rpm packages for Fedora Core 6.

If I understand correctly, this means one can setup a FC6 based build
system for building RPM packages for FC6 (maybe one could build the
entire fedora core/extras repositories out of the box with this
system?).

I assume (but I do not have any detailed knowledge of this), that it's
possible to build FC6 based RPMs, without modifying the spec files for
this build service.

They seem to have some mechanism that allows for cross-distribution
RPMs, but I'm not sure if that is a requirement for being able to
build (I sure hope not, since that would make it less useable).

Is there any updated info on the brew/plague status?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen